Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Final Reflection

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

I think that the three most important things that I learned this year are. TIQA format because without it I would be able to write all of my blogs with it, vocabulary because I didn't know what some of the words meant at the beginning of the year, but now I started using words like discombobulated, befuddled and debacle. The final thing that I learned while being in ELA is, speaking in front of the class because when we did our butterfly project we had to present them in front of the class, but now that we wrote our speech for graduation we had to present those too.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

The one thing that we did this year that I will never forget for the rest of my life is the butterfly project because there were so many great butterflies. I could tell that a lot of students put their time and effort while making their butterfly. Just like I did, but I saw some pretty amazing butterflies when I walked in that day in class. The whole room was covered in butterflies on the ceiling, wall, and whiteboard. I was surprised when I saw all of them.

3- What is the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

The nicest thing that someone has done in this class is Dena, because she always helps me with my blog when I need help she is always there. She tells me what to add or what to take out. When I finish she spell checks it and she tells me if I need to add anything else she always gives me her honest opinion on what I need to do. That is the nicest thing that someone has done for me in our class this year.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year? 

Something that I taught my teacher and classmates were to always be positive because I would always walk in my ELA class with a smile and a positive attitude.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?  

The biggest improvements that I am proud of are my writing because before I was eighth I didn't know how to write anything, but now that I was in Mrs. Larson's class I now know the TIQA method and not I know how to write all of my blogs not that I am going to high school I will remember the TIQA method. 

6- What is the most challenging part for you this year?

The most challenging part for me this year was the vocabulary test because I used to study every night, but on Friday when I get the test I forget everything and end up getting a bad grade. But now that it is the end of the year my vocabulary has gotten a lot better than it was before.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

I think that my best piece of writing is the Giver vs Movie because I put a lot of detail about how the movie and the book are very different and how they are the same. I really liked The Giver was the first book that I looking forward to reading because I heard so much great things about the movie. That is why I think that this is my best piece of writing that I have done.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Out of all of the book I read this year my favorite was After Ever After. I really liked this book because it talked about a middle schooler who had cancer and so did his best friend and they tried to overcome it, but then Jeffery one of the main characters got a girl friend, but Todd one of the other main charters didn't and he was really jealous. That is why After Ever After is one of my favorite books.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?
The advice that I will give the upcoming eighth graders is that don't lie to Mrs. Larson because she always finds out if you lie and she will make you call home to your parents. Oh yeah and also don't forget to do your IXL goals or else she will make you call home for that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment