Friday, May 26, 2017

This I Believe

“The Bite”
By: Christian Jimenez

I believe that each scar tells a story.

As you grow older, most likely you would've made a lot of mistakes, but now that you're more wiser than your younger self, you could learn from them. The scars on our bodies are apart of our lives and they each tell a story.

 It was a day I would never forget.

It was a sunny afternoon, the sun was shining so bright. I was at my cousin's house because they just got a new video game and I wanted to play it.
When I walked in, there they were. My favorite cousins Jason, Jonathan, and Brandon. They were chilling in their room playing their new video game, they had four controllers. Luckily, there was only four of us. I sat down, I turned on the controller, and I played away. Then two of my cousins got tired and went upstairs to go eat. It was just Jonathan and I left in the room. We kept on playing non-stop and his dog walked in.

I just looked at him waiting for him to do something then he just laid down. That's when I thought to myself “Okay, the dog isn’t going to do anything just keep on playing.” My cousin Jonathan yelled at me and told me to get the dog out of the room. That is when I put the matter into my own hands and picked up the dog. All of a sudden, it felt like a knife was repeatedly stabbing my arm. I looked at my arm and saw that the dog was biting me. Blood kept on gushing out and Jonathan didn’t know what to do. The blood kept rushing out so I started to cry. My cousin rushed me upstairs where my grandma was so that she could clean it up and put a band-aid on it. At that point, everything was okay, but I kept on crying. I didn’t know why, but I was still crying.

 When my mom came to pick me up my grandma told her everything that happened and that I was okay.

A few weeks later I got a scab just as my grandma said I would. The scab was getting on my nerves, so I decided to pick it off.

Weeks after weeks, I kept on picking at and realized that there was a scar.
At first I thought I was special, but then my parents showed me their scars and so did my cousins. They cheered me up and showed me that I wasn’t the only one with a scar on their body. My parents told tell me that each scar you get tells a different story about your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment